Don’t you think in the vast pallet of possibilities, there is an amazing and beautiful shade of gray that is a statement of elegance and class? Yes, you heard it right. Sherwin-Williams gauntlet gray SW7019 is a captivating shade that can make people embrace any room with beauty.
This color can adapt to its surroundings, seamlessly merging with both traditions and modern aesthetics. Its rich and deep tones create a sense of depth and dimension, elevating the vibe of the room. Gauntlet gray has the power to positively affect your brain and instantly bring you to a premium place.
We have done a thorough review of this color, making sure to analyze the pros and cons before applying this shade to your room.
What Is Sherwin-Williams Gauntlet Gray?
Sherwin-Williams Gauntlet gray SW 7019 is a popular paint color with a subtle and classy feel. The beauty of this gray comes from its relation to the cool gray family having a blue undertone. This sophisticated color is preferred by many for decorating their homes. Surprisingly it’s a great color for both indoors and outdoors. Making it a great option for people looking to redo their home and don’t have enough time to spend on deciding color schemes.
Gauntlet is known for its calming and peaceful nature, creating a sense of stability and balance. People usually associate this color with a premium feel. However, the beauty of this color lies in the surroundings as well; you need to take care of the lighting to make sure it looks good. If you keep the lighting dark, then it’s sure to come out the worst experience for you.
Why Choose Gauntlet Gray?
Many interior designers are in love with this color due to its versatile shade that can be used on walls, tables, indoors, outdoors, and everywhere you can think of.
So, here we have curated a few reasons why you should opt for gauntlet gray for your next project.
1. Classic & Timeless
Gauntlet Gray is a classic and timeless color that has been popular for decades. It has a beautiful subtle warmth that magically adds depth and dimensions to any space. The amazing part is it can be paired with a wide variety of colors and lighting tones.
2. Neutral Yet Bold
While it is a neutral color, it still has enough depth and intensity to make a statement. It is a bold color choice that can add drama to your room without being too cliche or dramatic.
3. Complements Other Colors
Sherwin-Williams gauntlet gray SW 7019 is an amazing base color that compliments other shades. It goes well with shades like crisp white, creams, and even deep blue and greens. Gauntlet gray even works well with a variety of designs and styles, so what’s stopping you from trying it?
Understanding the Color Psychology of Gauntlet Gray
Colors have a great impact on our mood and behavior, and hence it becomes really important to choose the right colors for our home. Before we choose any color for our homes and living spaces, we must understand what kind of impact they will have on us. If we talk about the Sherwin-Williams gauntlet gray SW 7019, it is a color that evokes calmness and tranquility. It’s a shade of gray with a hint of blue, making it the perfect shade for your bedroom and even bathrooms, where relaxation is the key.
Gray is a shade that is associated with intelligence, balance, and association, and hence you will find many business people wearing gray suits or coats. Hence if you choose to have Gauntlet gray at your home, it could have a great impact on your personality and mood whenever you come back home.
Complementary Colors with Gauntlet Gray
No doubt, gauntlet gray is a versatile color, so the list of complementary colors could go long, but we have selected the best combinations for you so you don’t have to go through the struggle of mixing and matching.
Have a look.
1. Navy Blue
The cool undertone of navy blue contrasts beautifully with warm tones of gauntlet gray, creating a balanced and timeless look.
2. Pale Pink
Pairing the gauntlet Gray with pale pink creates a sophisticated and feminine feel. The softness of pink offsets the darker tones of the gray, resulting in a beautifully harmonious and calming effect.
3. Mustard Yellow
The warmth of mustard yellow works pretty well with the warm tones of gauntlet gray. This killer combination can create a very welcoming and inviting atmosphere. These shades can bring a great vibe to your living space.
4. Olive Green
This earthy green color pairs perfectly with the natural and grounding tone of gauntlet gray. This could result in a very calming and serene vibe; make sure you utilize this combination for a space where relaxation is your goal.
Pros & Cons of Sherwin-Williams Gauntlet Gray
Like all paints, gauntlet gray also has its pros and cons. Check out the lists to get more clarity before choosing the shade.
- Gauntlet gray is a shade that can be used in a variety of ways, indoors or outdoors. You can use it to create an accent wall, a bathroom or bedroom, and whatever comes to your creative mind.
- It is a very calming and relaxing color that will help you create a relaxing and productive environment. Hence this color could be used in bedrooms and even office spaces.
- As mentioned above, it is a very neutral color that can be paired with a variety of shades, creating different vibes. Combining it with shades of cream creates a very luxurious kind of effect.
- Gauntlet Gray is a pretty durable color that can easily withstand wear and tear. Making it a great choice for areas such as bathrooms and even cafes or high-traffic areas.
- Finally, it’s a low-maintenance shade. You will not have to stress about cleaning as it’s already dark and hence easy to clean. Busy people, that’s a great one for you.
- Gauntlet gray is a pretty dark color so it can be a dark shade for some people. However, you can always lighten it by combining it with lighter shades such as white, cream, or baby pink.
- For people who are very vibrant in personality, gauntlet gray is a very neutral color, and they consider it boring. So, if you want to add this shade to your space, make sure to do your research and pair it with vibrant things that make your personality.
- It may be difficult to find the exact gauntlet gray shade. It comes in various shades, and choosing the best one from it is a real challenge. This is where most people just give up.
- It is a very premium paint color and hence is very expensive, as compared to most paints available in the market. But remember, it also has a quality that no other paint provides.
- Gauntlet gray is a dark shade, so it can be difficult to apply evenly and sometimes can get darker if you apply too many coats just to match the shade. Make sure you paint carefully whenever using gauntlet gray.
All in all, sherwin-williams gauntlet gray SW7019 is a stunning color option that will help to enhance the appearance of any space. It is a preferred option for homeowners due to its adaptability and capacity to be combined with various shades. According to color psychology, Gauntlet gray is a very intelligent and sophisticated color that depicts class and elegance.
Make sure to test this color in various lighting and various shades to make sure your house has the best combination. The drawback could be a dark room overall, so checking the lighting is a must.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Undertone of Gauntlet Gray?
Gauntlet gray is a sophisticated and string color with a versatile undertone. It has a subtle warmth that adds a premium feel to any space it is applied to. The undertone strikes a perfect balance of peace and tranquility.
What Colors Go Well with Gauntlet Gray?
It can be paired with a variety of colors, creating amazing combinations. For a sophisticated and classy look, pair it with tones of white or cream. To add depth, pair it with deep blue and green.
Is Gauntlet Gray a Warm or Cool Color?
Gauntlet gray leans towards being a warm shade of grey. It has a subtle hint of warmth in its undertone. However, it even has a pinch of cool touch to it, and that’s the reason that makes it such a b beautiful color to op for.
What Is Gauntlet Gray’s LRV?
Gauntlet Gray’s LRV stands a bit over 17, placing it in the medium-dark category, Which simply means it’s a color that is neither too dark nor too light, which makes it a perfect fit to create your dream home.